Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Where’s the fire

The baby boom is on. Everyone I know is having/has had kids. Not that I dont, but personally, being a man and falling into categorical pattern of delusional phobia of commitment, responsibility and being socially institutionalized, I would have waited longer.

But that's a different view. It seems that once you enter parenthood, you are touched by some sort of light. Its like parenthood shades, you see more parents, going to be parents, you preach parenthood, joys of parenthood, obviously you cant really say otherwise. To the likes of this peer and social pressure fall more victims.

As I enter through the gates of parenthood, I see a whole new set of inductees and I find myself saying “why didn’t they tell me this was going to be a party”.

It seems that people are rushing in, and as I realize the devilish instinct to promote the cult, I can’t help but think, I may have contributed to the fire.

_/burnt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home